Re: [Policies page] Responsible Ministry, Jurisdiction, Responsible Department or Agency

At 2003-06-03 13:22, Shawn Lawton Henry wrote:
>EOWG, Chuck, Kathleen, Judy:
>
>In going through the old change requests
>(http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/policychangelog.html) for the Policy
>page (http://www.w3.org/WAI/Policy/), I came across: "states &
>provincial: Australia: Ministry; Canada: Jurisdiction; US:
>Department/Agency"
>---
>Chuck: please confirm (to wai-eo-editors@w3.org) if we should change the
>CA country listing and provinces listing to "Jurisdiction"

Shawn,

On sober reflection (it is before noon, after all) I no longer believe that
"Jurisdiction" is appropriate to describe Provincial sources.  All Canadian
provincial government offices can be described as "Ministries".  Where
jurisdiction came into my thinking was to cover an eventuality where the
Policy pages listed requirements from municipal governments as well as
provincial and federal sources.

>Kathleen, Judy: please confirm (to wai-eo-editors@w3.org) if we should
>change the US country listing and state listing to "Responsible
>Department or Agency"
>
>Thanks,
>
>~Shawn

Chuck Letourneau