RE: Policies Relating to Web Accessibility - Australia

For the record - Australian policy material.

Andrew

----- Forwarded by Andrew Arch/Kooyong/AFTB on 25-01-03 02:05 -----

                      Andrew Arch
                                               To:      <achuter@teleservicios.com>
                      25-01-03 00:22           cc:
                                               Subject: RE: Policies Relating to Web Accessibility(Document link: Andrew Arch)

Alan,

Here is my current list of Australian policies - I'll try and get it marked
up in the right format (with legistlation links) early next week

Andrew

Government Policy & Guidelines
      Disability Discrimination Act 1992
      http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/dda1992264/
      HREOC Disability Rights page
      http://www.hreoc.gov.au/disability_rights/index.html
      HREOC Disability Discrimination Act WWW Advisory Notes
      http://www.hreoc.gov.au/disability_rights/standards/www_3/www_3.html
      Guidelines for Commonwealth Information Published in Electronic
      Formats
      http://www.noie.gov.au/projects/egovernment/Better_Information/electronic_formats.html

      Commonwealth Guide to Minimum Web Site Standards
      http://www.noie.gov.au/projects/egovernment/Better_Practice/MWSGuide/mws_Index.htm

      ACT Government Website Policy and Guidelines
      http://www.publishing.act.gov.au/sitemap/index.html
      NSW Government - Providing Information and Services Using the
      Internet Guideline
      http://www.oit.nsw.gov.au/pages/4.3.22.S-Providing.htm
      Providing Information and Services Using the Internet: A Guide for
      NSW Government Agencies (Section 4.5 . Content Accessibility) [PDF
      only . May 2001]
      http://www.oit.nsw.gov.au/pages/4.3.Guidelines.htm
      Queensland Government Internet Information Standard
      http://www.diiesrq.qld.gov.au/comminfo/guidelines.asp
      SA Government Website Protocols [PDF only]
      http://www.sacentral.sa.gov.au/Protocols2001.pdf
      Tasmanian Government Internet Publishing Standards
      http://www.go.tas.gov.au/standards/tgips/tgips_complete_publication.shtml

      Victorian Government Accessibility (Disability) Policy IT&T-39
      http://www.mmv.vic.gov.au/CA256985002E8DB7/All/6F707CC4BB013B81CA256C51002265F0?OpenDocument&1=21eGovernment~&2=18Govt+IT&T+Policies+21-41~&3=3939+WWW+Accessibility~

      Whole of Victorian Government Web Site Guidelines
      http://www.dpc.vic.gov.au/wovgwebsiteguidelines
      Victorian Government Accessibility Toolkit
      http://www.egov.vic.gov.au/Victoria/StrategiesPoliciesandReports/Reports/Accessibility-Toolkit/Accessibility-Toolkit.htm

      WA Government E-Commerce guidelines
      http://ecommercecentre.online.wa.gov.au/matrix/acc.htm

See also

(See attached file: Australian Online Policies.doc)(See attached file:
Discrimination Acts.doc)

_________________________________
Dr Andrew Arch
Manager Online Accessibility Consulting, Vision Australia Foundation
Ph 613 9864 9222; Fax 613 9864 9210; Mobile 0438 755 565
http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/webaccessibility |
http://www.it-test.com.au/ | http://www.dc-anz.org/

Member, Education & Outreach Working Group,
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/

                      "Alan Chuter"
                      <achuter@teleser         To:      <Andrew.Arch@visionaustralia.org.au>
                      vicios.com>              cc:
                                               Subject: RE: Policies Relating to Web Accessibility
                      14-01-03 02:00
                      Please respond
                      to achuter

Andrew,

We were discussing the policy page in the phone meeting on Friday and I
mentioned that you were updating the Australia information, but I couldn't
find your message. If you feel up to it you can make up the page ready,
otherwise I can do it. It would be a good idea to send it to Judy and me.

Alan