 Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:43:28 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
 From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
 To: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>
 Subject: Re: xHTML Forms

 On Fri, 14 May 1999, Joseph M. Reagle Jr. wrote:

 > Dave, please send me any information related to the forms work
 > of the HTML WG that I can forward on to those in the XML-DSIG
 > activity.

 Sorry for the delay - I missed your message in my rush to catch
 up after www8.

 You can find more info about the work by the HTML WG at:

    http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Group/Forms

 and in the charter:

    http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Group/HTMLcharter

 The charter is somewhat terse but says:

   -  An improved match to database/workflow applications

 We are interested in collecting requirements for a new generation
 of web forms and how to deal with an increasingly hetergeneous
 range of browser capabilities. At the high end, this means a much
 rich toolkit of forms features and support for workflow where
 forms are passed from one person to the next as part of a process.

 I envision this involving the notion of a form as a persistent
 entity supporting the means for people to sign off various stages of
 work. These signatures will have clear semantics and apply to those
 parts of the form that have been completed at the time of signing
 but not to those that are filled in subsequently.

 We have a weekly teleconference (the first is next Monday at 10-11am
 Boston time on Longfellow). Perhaps it would be useful to be able to
 invite you or another representative of the Signed XML effort to
 take part in the Forms subgroup as appropriate. Sadly, I don't have
 the time to participate in both groups.

 Let me know if you have any further questions.

 Regards,

 phone: +44 122 578 2984 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)

End Forwarded Text ----
Joseph Reagle Jr.  http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/
Policy Analyst     mailto:reagle@w3.org