Re: A scenario

I'd like to offer the senario in more detail.  In my experience, if you
are tabbing through a form and the input requires more than one form, you
should be able to go smoothly from one form to annother which is now not
often the case.  The biggest problem with the gui as I see it where forms
are concerned is finding out exactly what to click on to submit them.  to
answere the question, I use my screenreader to look at the lay out of the
page and this can change for the screenreader depending on what is
hilighted to determine where I need to go and what I need to do to get the
form datta entered.
some of what I'm attempting to construct here though changes from page to
page and different gui browsers but it is essentially up to the user of
the screenreader to get as much data as possible by exploration.  this may
be mittigated by the adoption of guidelines which support keyboard
ability to move from field to field and from form to form.

in our current draft, this may already be incorporated depending on what
terms we use to describe the elements for which keyboard support is
requested.
for instance, is it possible that headers separate forms?  is it possible
that a formfield can be enterpretted as a link?  Lynx in its current
flavors solves this problem quite nicely by allowing formfields to be
numbered.
My last tip here again is that a good search fascility can help with this.
I often search for the form after having made myself aware of it through
use of my screenreader.  by doing this with a good search tool, we can be
placed exactly where we need to be in each instance.

 On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Scott Luebking wrote:

> Hi,
> I'd like to support Kitch's approach to using scenarios to understand
> user needs.  It is an extremely useful tool.
>
> Here's a scenario that I quickly mentioned in a previous note, but
> one common enough that it needs to be addressed.  As a blind person
> is tabbing through fields of a form, how does he know when one
> form ends and another form begins?
>
> Scott

Hands-On-Technolog(eye)s
touching the internet