Fwd: Re: our SC related to DOM and A11y API

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Richard Schwerdtfeger" <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: May 22, 2015 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: our SC related to DOM and A11y API
To: "Jim Allan" <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>

Hi Jim,

I am going on vacation, so here is my best shot in the short time I have.
:-)

4.1.1

For APIs you need:

Microsoft Active Accessibility(MSAA)/IAccessible2  - These need to be
combined to a single platform API mapping. It is used by Chrome and Firefox
UI Automation
MSAA/UIA Express Used in IE but will not be used in Edge)
For Linux: ATK/ATSPI
for Mac:
MAC OSX Accessibility Protocol Mac OS

4.1.2

You need to add the bounding rectangle
You need to add Relationships
For text you need a caret position, selected content, text location and
bounds, font and color (foreground and background final format)
 information. You must have bound information to support Braille devices

4.1.4
You don't need to make the DOM available if you can access all the
information needed from the accessibility API mappings

I see you have additional properties but these really are part of the core
pieces. in 4.1.2

Your document should be referencing:

*HTML Accessibility API Mappings 1.0*
<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FTR%2Fhtml-aam-1.0%2F&ei=JFFfVcP6B_GasQSvrYPYDA&usg=AFQjCNFzHMIz-9PJPr9SP5OpPgmVNi5Xsw&sig2=qJMNRe59eNz87PKqYaSV2A&bvm=bv.93990622,d.cWc>
*Core Accessibility API Mappings 1.1* <http://www.w3.org/TR/core-aam-1.1/>
*SVG Accessibility API Mappings* <http://www.w3.org/TR/svg-aam-1.0/>
*Accessible Name and Description: Computation and API*

There will be more

Rich Schwerdtfeger

[image: Inactive hide details for Jim Allan ---05/21/2015 01:24:17 PM---can
you review and make comments 4.1.1 Support Platform Accessi]Jim Allan
---05/21/2015 01:24:17 PM---can you review and make comments 4.1.1 Support
Platform Accessibility Services: