Fwd: Call for Review: Media Accessibility User Requirements

UAAG 20 referenced!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 8:13 AM
Subject: Call for Review: Media Accessibility User Requirements
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Dear WAI Interest Group Participants,

The W3C WAI Protocols and Formats Working Group (PFWG) invites you to
comment on the updated Working Draft of:
      Media Accessibility User Requirements
      http://www.w3.org/TR/media-accessibility-reqs

This document describes the accessibility requirements of people with
disabilities with respect to audio and video on the Web, particularly in
the context of HTML5. It explains alternative content technologies that
people use to get audio and video content, and how these fit in the larger
picture of accessibility, both technically within a web user agent and from
a production process point of view. Additional information is in the
document's Abstract and Status sections.

This is an updated Working draft that will continue to be developed. PFWG
plans to eventually publish it as a W3C Working Group Note.

WAI encourages you to provide feedback on this draft, particularly:
 * Are the use cases for media accessibility clear and complete?
 * Do the features to enhance media accessibility meet the use cases?
 * Are the technical requirements for media accessibility complete and
achievable?

Please send comments to the publicly-archived list:
      public-pfwg-comments@w3.org
      by *19 September 2014*

URI:
The first URI above goes to the latest version of the document. The "dated"
version of this draft is: <http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-
media-accessibility-reqs-20140814/ > The difference between these URIs are
explained in Referencing and Linking to WAI Guidelines and Technical
Documents at: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/linking.html>

Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your
comments.
Feel free to circulate this message to other lists; please avoid
cross-postings where possible.

Regards,
Shawn Henry, WAI Outreach
Janina Sajka, PFWG Chair
Mark Sadecki, former HTML Accessibility Task Force Staff Contact
Michael Cooper, PFWG Staff Contact

-----
Shawn Lawton Henry
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
e-mail: shawn@w3.org
phone: +1.617.395.7664
about: http://www.w3.org/People/Shawn/

--