Re: Animation in the user agent user interface

Greg,
I like this. From reading the article in The Guardian, if Apple instituted
an OS level fix to block the OS animations (perhaps from TAB to TAB or
between UA instances) this would meet the SC?

so if a UA developer or extension developer decides on their own animation
scheme (separate from the OS animation) then it is up to the developer to
provide a mechanism to disable their own creations.

If an author creates some content that makes the browser UI have some
animation (animated scrollbar, address bar, etc. then it is an authoring
problem. If it is not an authoring problem, then we are back in the realm
of" recognized" animations, the browser can't fix what it doesn't know
about. One would think that the UA would know what is happening to its own
UI, but I have doubts.

Jim

1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756