RE: User Agent Definitions Again

Hi Jeanne,

A couple of comments:

1. I don't think the Open Web platform is the definitive list of W3C web technologies. What about PNG and timed text? (or are they subsumed somewhere?) And of course it doesn't include PDF.

2. IMO Angry Birds is actually analogous to the airlines app (except instead of having a primarily text-based UI, it has a primarily graphical/physical UI):

Angry Birds likely has an architecture that splits the game functionality from the scenario data.

The Angry Birds scenarios are likely each stored as a data file (maybe in XML) that characterize the location of the different building materials and characters (e.g., that a piece of glass stretches from point1 to point 2 with thickness X).

The user loads the Angry Birds app and then selects a scenario by number. The app then retrieves the scenario data (from the drive, but theoretically from the Web), reads it and then renders it onscreen (i.e., a bluish line) and facilitates end-user interaction with it (i.e. by throwing birds at it and figuring out how it should break, fall down etc.).

:)

Cheers,
Jan

(MR) JAN RICHARDS