Fwd: help with ARIA and HTML implementation guides

FYI, reference material for GL2

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 6:03 PM
Subject: help with ARIA and HTML implementation guides
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>,
"wai-xtech@w3.org" <wai-xtech@w3.org>

There are two documents that deal with implementation of accessibility
features, including platform accessibility APIs, in user agents, one
for ARIA and one for native HTML.  Both of these documents are
developed by small, overtaxed teams, and could use some help.

ARIA User Agent Implementation Guide

http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/

This document is fairly mature.  Our goal is to go to Last Call when
ARIA goes to CR.  We primarily need help with resolving bugs, and with
general reviewing of the document to find any other bugs.

We meet by phone at 14:00 UTC (7am Pacific, 10am Eastern) on
Thursdays.  Participation via email and bugs can probably also be
arranged.

HTML 5 User Agent Implementation Guide

http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-api-map/overview.html

Help needed:  This is an early draft.  We need help filling in all the
blanks in this table, and documenting any quirks of implementing
accessible HTML 5 support in a browser.

We meet by phone Tuesdays at 19:00 UTC  (noon Pacific, 3PM Eastern).
Again, offline participation can probably be arranged.

Please send me a private mail if you can help with either of these efforts.

Thank you,

Cynthia

1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756

voice 512.206.9315    fax: 512.206.9264  http://www.tsbvi.edu/