Fwd: Daylight Saving Time ends in Europe one week earlier than in US

this will impact our Nov 4 meeting. We will adjust the time
accordingly in the Meeting announcement/agenda

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
Date: Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 9:35 AM
Subject: Daylight Saving Time ends in Europe one week earlier than in US
To: chairs@w3.org

Dear Chairs,

Semi-annual reminder of the end of Daylight Savings Time coming in three
weeks (Europe) and the following weekend (USA):

    http://timeanddate.com/time/dst2010b.html

Most European clocks shift back 1 hr relative to UTC on Sun. Oct. 31 2010.
Most of the US clocks shift back 1 hr one week later, on Sun. Nov. 07, 2010.

Between October 31 and November 7, the time difference between US and
Europe will be 1 hour less than it currently is. This means that for that
week all Zakim teleconferences that are scheduled according to the US
clock change (which is the majority of telecons) will start *one hour
later* in local time for most Europeans.

The time links in each date of the teleconference calendar [1] confirm the
time that Zakim has been instructed to start the teleconference.

If you are unsure about the scheduled time of any teleconference, check
the UTC link above the teleconference name on the specific date of that
teleconference; e.g. [2].

If you require any changes to individual teleconference times, please be
sure to give adminreq sufficient notice [3].

[1] http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar
[2] http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20101101
[3] http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/TeleconferenceHowTo.htm

Best regards,
Coralie

--
Coralie Mercier - Communications Team - Incubator Activity Lead
    W3C/ERCIM - N212 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR

1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756

voice 512.206.9315    fax: 512.206.9264  http://www.tsbvi.edu/