W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > July to September 2010

Minutes: User Agent Teleconference for 5 August 2010

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 12:47:06 -0500
Message-ID: <AANLkTik9z-R9nX0ND0d+vPna6wWmBoh-LxvrE0Jgk1=f@mail.gmail.com>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
from: http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-minutes.html

User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference 05 Aug 2010

See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-irc>
Attendees
 Present Jeanne, [Microsoft], Greg, Jan, AllanJ, KimPatch Regrets Chair Jim,
Kelly Scribe Greg
Contents

   - Topics <http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-minutes.html#agenda>
      1. EOWG comments <http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-minutes.html#item01>
      2. Review of writing on Monday and
Tuesday<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-minutes.html#item02>
    - Summary of Action
Items<http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

------------------------------

 <trackbot> Date: 05 August 2010
EOWG comments

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-uaag2-comments/2010Jul/0000.html

<AllanJ>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-uaag2-comments/2010Jul/0000.html

Jeanne says the comments from EOWG are very good. Many we're already aware
of, some new, caught a lot of minor editing tasks yet to be done.

EOWG Comment 10. Appendix E: Checklist. We are interested in what you have
in mind here. EOWG has been working on defining enhancements to How to Meet
WCAG 2.0: A customizable quick reference... <
http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/><http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/%3E>(some
of which are collected at
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-wcag2-checklist.html ) It would be
good to coordinate on theses related items.

<kford> /me apologies but I need to step out for about two minutes. I will
be back.

Everyone agrees this is a good idea.

<jeanne> *ACTION:* jeanne to meet with Kim to normalize terms and do a
general editorial sweep of the document. Greg will be involved in the
glossary. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-minutes.html#action01
]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-422 - Meet with Kim to normalize terms and do a
general editorial sweep of the document. Greg will be involved in the
glossary. [on Jeanne Spellman - due 2010-08-12].

Jim brings up general topic of reorganizing or reformatting glossary. Jeanne
and Kim intend to go through the document doing a copy-edit pass, while Kim
and Greg intend to normalize glossary terms.

<jeanne> *ACTION:* jeanne to meet with Kim and go through the glossary,
making terms in Alpha order linking to the grouped location. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-423 - Meet with Kim and go through the glossary,
making terms in Alpha order linking to the grouped location. [on Jeanne
Spellman - due 2010-08-12].

We have the general question of organizing the glossary, choosing between
having all entries alphabetically listed, or grouping related terms
together, or grouping related terms and putting cross-references in the
general alphabetical list.

Kim created a Google Doc with editorial resources, at
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ASiGLIaAlHSKZGR3d3FrbWJfNDkxaHRka3JjZjg&hl=en

<jeanne> WCAG Manual of Style -
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=WCAG_2.0_Manual_of_Style

<jeanne> community > writing guidelines

<jeanne> General Writing Guidelines for Technology and People with
Disabilitieshttp://www.sigaccess.org/community/writing_guidelines/

Eventually we will need to formally respond to EOWG with resolution of each
of their suggestions, once they have been resolved.

<jeanne> W3C Excerpt and Citation Guide -
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2008/06-excerpt-license

Kelly will send them a thank-you and let them know we'll follow up and let
them know when they're resolved.
Review of writing on Monday and Tuesday

There's no need to review Monday an Tuesday work on this call, as everyone
on the call participated in those discussions.

<AllanJ> All: please review the survey for next week
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20100802/

<AllanJ> scribe: Greg

<AllanJ> meeting ended early. only writing participants (including Jan)
present.
 Summary of Action Items *[NEW]* *ACTION:* jeanne to meet with Kim and go
through the glossary, making terms in Alpha order linking to the grouped
location. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-minutes.html#action02
]
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* jeanne to meet with Kim to normalize terms and do a
general editorial sweep of the document. Greg will be involved in the
glossary. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-minutes.html#action01
]
Received on Thursday, 5 August 2010 17:47:41 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 14:49:39 UTC