Re: getting ready for Thursday telecon

Some potential questions for Jonas:

0. Can you describe generally how accessibility is handled within
Google, and within the Google Chrome team?

1. Having the product's bug database be open to view is a very good
thing. Does it cover portions of the product that are not open source?

2. Is there a process to identify and mark new bug reports that have
accessibility impact?

3. I've heard criticism of some open source projects that bug fixes are
determined by voting, and since accessibility bugs are sometimes low
priority for the majority of reviewers the accessibility bugs end up
ranked low in priority, despite being extremely important to small
groups of people with disabilities. What process does the Chrome project
use to prioritizing bugs that affect accessibility?

4. Do you know whether any AT vendors are actively testing with your
product, and have any given you feedback?

5. Mozilla Firefox has long supported extensions which can provide
accessibility features not in the base product. Now that Chrome supports
extensions (since September 2009) have you seen any created that affect
accessibility, and does your architecture support a wider or narrower
range of extensions than does Firefox?

6. Can you explain the rationale for omitting the conventional menu bar?
They are generally considered a positive thing for accessibility, for
example (a) underlined access keys reduce the number of keystrokes the
user needs to memorize, (b) allow use of names instead of icons, (c)
allow browsing both between and within menus using a simple,
standardized set of keys, (d) they're part of the conventional UI of all
of the major desktop GUIs and so users have come to expect them, etc.
Can you explain the rationale for omitting it? Are there other examples
of deviating from platform conventions?

7. Google Chrome Fails to follow colors and size preferences the user
has registered in Control Panel (e.g. active and inactive title bar
color). Is that considered a bug or a feature?

8. Do you expect anyone from Google will have an opportunity to review
the draft UAAG20, and comment on which success criteria Google Chrome
does, will, and will not meet?

9. Is there much awareness of UAAG within Google, and what are thoughts
on its potential importance or impact (e.g. government purchasing
requirements)?