W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > April to June 2009

Minutes of UAWG teleconference of 25 June 2009

From: Jeanne Spellman <jeanne@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:05:43 -0400
Message-ID: <4A43BC77.9030405@w3.org>
To: User Agent Working Group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>


Text of Minutes


       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

    User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

25 Jun 2009

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-ua-irc


           Mark, Jeanne, Kelly, Greg, Kim

           Henny, Jim, Simon




      * [3]Topics
      * [4]Summary of Action Items

    <trackbot> Date: 25 June 2009


       [5] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20090527/


       [6] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20090602/

    group starting to talk about what's changed from last draft and what
    points we want feedback on.

    Jeanne: Published new editor's draft yesterday with editorial
    ... I will have another draft that I'll publish tomorrow that has
    all the approved changes.
    ... Group needs to talk about status changes and ask what questions
    do we want from reviewers.

    Greg: 'Do you need to flag all changes or just contentious?

    Jeanne: Should flag at least contenious. And then talk about status.

    <Greg> Greg suggests we publish the new draft as plain (official)
    and marked-up showing changes (non-normative) versions, as the
    latter is extremely helpful for some reviewers. Alternatively, let
    the user toggle visibility of change markup using style sheets.

    Group talked about publication formats. People liked the formating
    in last draft sent to list. Wanted to have that if possible but
    Jeanne doesn't think such is possible.

    Mail with most recent draft at


    kford: One question I'd like from reviewers is to know if this
    document does enough to address accessibility in the wide range of
    user agents available today e.g. mobile, set top boxes or is the
    guide too desktop centered.

    <jeanne> List of mail with minutes for the last three months

       [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2009AprJun/

    kford: Another question, does this guide give enough detail detail
    on ensuring user agents work well with the wide range of assistive
    technologies such as speech input.

    <Greg> Greg wants feedback on whether the document should include
    mainstream software accessibility features, or only limit it to
    requirements specific to UA and reference another standard (e.g. ISO
    9241-171) for general software accessibility guidelines.

    <Greg> Similarly, to what extent should it be harmonized with ISO
    9241-171.Is it OK to extend or improve on existing standards?

    kford: three audiiiiiiiiiiiiies user agent developers, AT vendors
    and end users. Does this document give you all what you need or is
    there info you are seeking you don't find.

    Greg: I'd add two more audiences.

    <Greg> Two additional target audiences are (a) purchasing decision
    makers, such as European governments and, (b) evaluators such as
    testing labs they might use.

    Some talk about differences between A, AA and AAA.

    Jeane: A iabsolutely necessary with minimal limitation of devs.

    <jeanne> WCAG -

       [9] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/#conformance-reqs



    group thinking about status changes.


      [11] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2009/ED-UAAG20-20090624/htmldiff.htm

    Jeanne: Part of the new document will be an updated glossary.

    zakim take up item 2

    <jeanne> [12]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/18-ua-minutes.html

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/18-ua-minutes.html

    <jeanne> Here is a link to the survey results:

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20090602/results

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 25 June 2009 18:05:55 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 20:38:39 UTC