Re: definition of User Agent

On 28 May 2009, at 13:59, Jim Allan wrote:

> Definition of User Agent across W3C Specifications
> http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/keyword/All/?keywords=user+agent
> interesting reading

I like the definitions under ATAG, WCAG and the Glossary of terms of
Device Independence.

Under the WCAG definition however it does include mobile phones in the
list of examples of UA's which I question as surely they are the
device within which the UA performs it's rendering (as per the Device
Independence definition)?

Is it possible we can trim down our definition a little?

--
Henny Swan
Web Evangelist

Personal blog: www.iheni.com