Re: Is there any guidance on CSS keywoard 'float'?

Peter,
The web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG) would not deal
with the browser functions for caret navigation of content,
unless the caret was being controlled by a web application
creating its own user interface.  I beleive you are looking
for guidence in the behavior of caret navigation when some
elements are being graphically positioned using either CSS
position or CSS float properties.

Recommendation

In this case my recommendation is that the caret should follow
document order.  The caret may seem to "jump" to another part
of the document using document order if the author CSS is
enabled, but I think it provides the best compatibility since
some users will turn off stylesheets or apply their own
stylesheet.

Coordination

But I will bring this up at our next WAI Coordination Group
(CG) meeting to see what WCAG and PF have to say about the
issue.  I beleive the next CG meeting is May 18th.

Jon