From: "Jon Gunderson" <jongund@uiuc.edu>
To: "W3C WAI-UAWG" <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 10:10 AM
Subject: Web application discussion

At yesterdays teleconference we were discussing web
applications.  I just want to point out that I am not against
web applications, in fact I think they can truely offer people
with disabilities more options for using information
technology.  I guess the major point that I wanted to make is
that I think a web application have a different "look and
feel" than a GUI application, since the technology is
different.  There seems to be a desire to make web
applications "look and feel" like GUI applications, even
though they are different technologies.  One of the importance
differences is interoperability and not designing web
applications to be only usable in graphical browsers with
author supplied styling information enabled.

WWW: http://cita.rehab.uiuc.edu/