From: "Johannes Koch" <johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de>
To: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 9:24 AM
Subject: Re: handling of HTML title attribute

david poehlman wrote:
> I don't have your quote handy from the spec, but as I read it and as I
> understood it as we were developping it, title was considered to be
> addative.

This is the list of possibilities for handling of "summary, title,
alternative, description, or expansion of another piece of content D":

     * (1a) render C in place of D;
     * (2a) render C in addition to D;
     * (3a) provide access to C by allowing the user to query D. In this
            case, the user agent must also alert the user, on a
            per-element basis, to the existence of C (so that the user
            knows to query D); and
     * (4a) allow the user to follow a link to C from the context of D.

According to the spec, it would be ok to only implement (1a).

>  I wonder if it's part of the erratta?

<http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/UAAG-errata> reads:

   Entries

   No entries.

--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)