Re: Accessible user agents that support MathML?

amp;In-Reply-To=<1054474543.851.72.camel@seabright>&References=<1054474543.851.72.camel@seabright>Content-Type: text/plain
Date: 02 Jun 2003 07:34:49 -0400

A few other threads on this:

1) Email from B.K. DeLong (3 Mar 2003) on some attempts
   to make math accessible on the Web
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2003JanMar/0041

2) Mozilla seems to support both MathML and APIs for access
   by screen readers:

   Refer to:
   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/ui/accessibility/accannounce.html

   And MathML in list of supported specs:
   http://mozilla.org/why/users-features.html

   I don't have any experience with Mozilla and MathML, however.

Comments and suggestions from Mozilla folks welcome.

 - Ian

> A colleague asked me if I was aware of any user agents
> that support MathML and that are accessible to users
> with blindness. I welcome any advice that I may
> forward to my colleague.
>
> It may also be that there are accessible solutions
> for putting math on the Web that don't involve MathML; if so,
> please let me know.
>
> It would also be valuable to conduct a UAAG 1.0
> evaluation on a MathML user agent.

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447