Re: Raw minutes from 11 July UAWG teleconference

At 10:10 AM 2002-07-12, Ian B. Jacobs wrote:
><proposed>
>
> 1. Allow global configuration of the scale of visually rendered
>    text. Preserve distinctions among the size of rendered text as
>    the user increases or decreases the scale.
>
> Normative exclusion: The user agent is not required to satisfy this
> requirement through proportional scaling. What must hold is that
> if text A is smaller than text B at one value of this configuration
> setting, that text A will still be smaller than text B at another
> value of this configuration setting.
>
> In the techs document:
>
>    The ratios of the sizes should be compressed at large
>    text sizes, as the same number of different sizes must
>    be packed into a smaller dynamic range.
></proposed>

AG: this works for me.  With the very explicit "normative exclusion" the term 'scale'
has to be interpreted loosely.

Editorial nit:  Prefer "distinctions in the size of rendered text," as with "among" one
expects a plural object.  Make it a blorp of stuff rather than a number of things.

Al