Re: Issues and comments arising from UA evaluations

Aaron Leventhal wrote:

> Ian B. Jacobs wrote:
>
>>   - AT developers may not, in practice, be interested in
>>     implementing the DOM, even though in the past they have

[snip]

> In addition, the W3C DOM does not say anything about user intefaces,
> unless they are written in markup, which is not always the case. How
> does the UAAG suggest we expose information about our user interface
> widgets?

This is covered in checkpoint 6.4:

    1. Provide programmatic read access to user agent
       user interface controls.

The checkpoint goes on to explain our preferred API "cascade",
namely:

  - A W3C Recommendation (if applicable)
  - A publicly documented API for communication with ATs.

Either one will work to satisfy the requirement.

  - Ian

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/CR-UAAG10-20010912/guidelines#tech-ui-access-api

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447