Re: Next events meeting: 17 Jan 2002 @ 4pm ET

Well, I suspect that a visual GUi user would get a message that it is
possible to annotate any element by clicking on it from the content, although
it would be more useful if this could be provided as part of the association
between the trigger and the function it calls.

If you query an element you would like to know that it is possible to use
this trigger. Is there a use for having some further information about where
that trigger is in fact attached, by further querying it? I suspect so.

cheers

Charles

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Jim Ley wrote:

  > Todo: The WAI groups need to provide a use case of when it's useful
  >   to know that an event handler was declared on the current node
  >   and not an ancestor.

  Is this not necessary to make the representation of the events to the
  user easier, for example, when reaching a body element (say) with an
  onmousedown event attached, a voice user, may be informed by a prompt
  that mousedown is possible, you wouldn't then want the UA to prompt on
  every child node, which is all that a Boolean check would give is it not?

  Jim.