Re: Next events meeting: 17 Jan 2002 @ 4pm ET

Jim,
A mousedown attached to the body element is usually useless (from an
accessibility perspective) since any element in the document can respond to
it.  While technically you could test every element and trigger mouse down,
this would be a usability nightmare.  That is why UAAG only requires
activation of events associated with explicit event handlers of an
element.  The event bubbling issue has been discussed in the past [1] and
this was our resolution to the problem.  So at least one boolean query must
only provide event handler information that is explicitly associated with a
particular element (or is it node?).

Jon

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/1999/06/wai-ua-telecon-19990602.html