Re: Proposal for Checkpoints 1.2, 9.5 and 9.6

I agree with the new label set.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Gunderson" <jongund@uiuc.edu>
To: <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 2:59 PM
Subject: Proposal for Checkpoints 1.2, 9.5 and 9.6

The following checkpoints are all related to the problem of authors not
using accessible design practices:
Checkpoint 1.2 Activate event handlers
Checkpoint 9.5 No events on focus change
Checkpoint 9.6 Show event handlers

The list discussion suggested that these were important requirements to
keep with one vote to remove the requirements altogether.

PROPOSAL: We create a new label called "repair" that would include this
set
of checkpoints and the following checkpoints:
Checkpoint 2.2 Provide text view. (P1)
Checkpoint 2.7 Repair missing content. (P2)
Checkpoint 2.8 No repair text. (P3)

These checkpoints I think are all related to repairing poorly authored
web
pages.

The advantage of a "repair" label is that we can keep the requirements,
but
still provide a means for user agents to conform even if they do not
implement these specific requirements.