RE: [Issue 521] Requirements involving "all" formats

>1) It presumes that the UA has prior knowledge of all possible
>(including not-yet-determined) content type definitions/declarations.

JRG: If you don't recognize a content type you will not be able to render
it anyway.  Can IE render content that it doesn't recognize?

>2) Animated and blinking text can be created in ways that are
>difficult/impossible to accurately detect.

JRG: We only require that the user agent control based on content type
(animated gif) or markup known to blink (BLINK element).  The user agent
does not need to calculate or analyze content to see if it is blinking.