Re: Fw: What OS was Re: keyboard shortcut for: minimise maximise and close]

>I think this is the key, if the web is as universal as supposed, does web
>accessibility include the possibility that the user can expect to change OS
>and still be able to open a browser window?

I don't know what you mean by change OS and open a browser window with a
key stroke.

>How does one go about learning these keyboard shortcuts?
>via the grapevine, or do we need a guide?

Browser usually have good documentation on keyboard short cuts.  Try the
documentation.

>I'm of the firm opinion that html guides are not enough, and that as a
>public service wai could at least link to excellent resources on configuring
>computers for special needs.

As you know WAI primarily a volunteer organization.  Things only happen
when somebody takes some leadership.