Re: minutes of 22-23 f2f meeting

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:05:41 -0600
To: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Cc: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
At 12:21 PM 10/24/01 -0500, Jon Gunderson wrote:
>Thanks for the clarification.  From a functional stand point is there any
>problem borrowing some of their work for our purposes?

I don't think so.  We (I'm a member of the TC) are about to make a public
release of all of the materials (**including much better documentation**),
for the purpose of starting to build the XSLT test suite from available
contributions.

It has also been a goal, since fairly early in the designs, to "genericize"
the XSLT procedures enough so that they would be widely useful (beyond
XSLT).  Finally, I think there is the intention to submit it work to W3C
(QA) when it is in proper shape.  Already, Kirill Gavrylyuk
(TC member from Microsoft) is presenting the "Infoset-ize" parts at the
first QAWG/IG f2f in Brussels.

Regards,
-Lofton.

p.s.  As a courtesy, I intend to email the TC and inform them of my ad-hoc
speaking on the TC work.  I'll invite any comments about others borrowing
the work. -LH.

Lofton Henderson
1919 Fourteenth St., #604
Boulder, CO   80302