RE: Question for Tim Lacy

I believe this shows implementability as long as we can also do this for
onmouseover and onclick.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Senior Technical Staff Member
IBM Accessibility Center
Research Division
EMail/web: schwer@us.ibm.com

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.",
Frost

"Tim Lacy" <timla@microsoft.com> on 03/28/2001 04:50:54 PM

To:   Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
cc:
Subject:  RE: Question for Tim Lacy

"If they'd just quit shooting the pellet guns at me, I might be able to
catch the occasional cannonball as it went whistling overhead..."  :-)

No reference to your question, just a way of addressing the 216 unread
emails I am wading through.

1) I know you can get the left/top/width/height from MSAA as the
Location.  I'd assume you can also get this data from the DOM, but you'd
have to hunt around in the docs - I haven't found it yet, and our
resident expert is in Ireland for the next couple of weeks.  There may
be other ways to do this - for example, if you walk the DOM, we now
provide a QI to get to the associated MSAA node from the DOM node, and
vice versa.

2)  You can call the IHTMLDocument4::fireEvent method on an object in
the DOM.  You can look up the details at http://www.msdn.microsoft.com

So if I read this correctly, you could walk the DOM, QI it's MSAA node,
and then fire a mouseclick event against it.  Is this what you're
looking for?  I wonder why you'd need the boundingrect?  Seems easier to
walk the DOM, choose a node, and fire a mouseclick directly to it...

-T

Tim Lacy
Accessibility Program Manager
Accessibility & Disabilities Group