Re: Some editorial and clarification comments on 23 March Draft

Reference document:
  http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-20010323/

Jon Gunderson wrote:

> 1. Placeholders discussed in checkpoints for Guideline 3 should be added to
> the list of enabled element defintion

Ok.

> 2. It seems the current priority 3 checkpoint 2.8 can be satisfied by the
> Priority 2 checkpoint 2.7, since 2.8 points back to the features of 2.7 as
> a solution.  I don't think this was the indention of 2.8.

Checkpoint 2.7 says "generate repair text"
Checkpoint 2.8 says "don't generate the repair text of 2.7 unless
                     I tell you"

I don't know why this is specific to images. Suppose the user
provides an auditory track and no synchronized text equivalent,
but the user agent can determine that some other html page
is a transcript of the track. Then it might give the user access
to that transcript (this is a little bit of a stretch, but not much).

I don't think that 2.8 should be limited to images. I do think
that we should fix the wording of 2.8 to avoid "author intentionally".
So we should change
   "when the author has intentionally provided empty conditional
content'
   "when the user agent recognizes that the author has
   failed to provide conditional content that was
   frequired by the ormat specification."

(In other words, reuse the language of 2.7).

 _ Ian