  From: "Ian Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
  To: <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
  Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 10:10 AM
  Subject: Proposal: Delete (special case) checkpoint 1.2

  Hello,

  Checkpoint 1.2 of the 9 March draft [1] reads:

     1.2 Ensure that the user can interact with all enabled
         elements through keyboard input alone, and
         pointing device input alone, and voice input alone.

  This requirement is covered by checkpoint 1.1:

     1.1 Ensure that the user can operate the user agent fully
         through keyboard input alone, and pointing
         device input alone, and voice input alone.

  Furtheremore, the Note after 1.1 starts:

     "For example, ensure that through all three input modalities,
      the user can interact with enabled elements..."

  As I read this document on the plane, I felt that 1.2
  was unnecessary and could be deleted without loss.

   - Ian

  [1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-20010309/