Re: Issue 364: Request to review decision to add plug-ins to checkpoint 3.5

No, the plugins are not content. But it is the content that alerts the
browser that it may need to call on (what it regards as) a plugin, rather
than render it natively or pass it to a completely outside application. This
can apply recursively - there is no reason why the Realplayer plugin couldn't
use an MPEG plugin to read part of a SMIL presentation for example. (This is
what my realplayer plugin tells me it  does...)

No, I don't have proposed wording yet. But I will take an action item if you
like...

chaals

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Ian Jacobs wrote:

  Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

  > Hmmm. I am not sure that all plugins can be removed (like not all browsers
  > can be removed from a system). I think the issue is about ensuring that the
  > user can disable content of different types, and maybe the way to handle it
  > is to write the requirements (which also apply to graphics) in that way.

  But are plug-ins content?

  Do you have proposed wording?

   _ Ian