Re: [Editorial] Proposed clarification to checkpoint 12.5 (documentation of changes that affect accessibility)

mark novak wrote:

> hi Ian, Denis and all:
>
> >I agree that [checkpoint 12.5] is hard to verify (as many others
> >are in our document) and impossible to automate.
>
> for this an "other reasons", is there a chance that you could enhance
> the current defintion of "documentation", such that it might even
> include a bullet list (e.g., like AT does),  and then
> Guideline 12 could be simplified to perhaps "one" priority
> one checkpoint?

I don't think that the checkpoints of Guideline 12 can be
reduced to one checkpoint. The requirements are:

 a) What must be documented:
    - feature that benefit accessibility (12.2)
    - the default input configuration (12.3)
    - software releases that affect accessibility (12.5)

    Our definition of "documentation" is not normative.
    Only the above checkpoints make requirements about
    what's in the documentation.

 b) How the documentation must be organized:
    - it must have a section just about features
      that benefit accessibility (12.4).

 c) Finally, the documentation must conform to WCAG (12.1).

Tel:                     +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783