Fw: mouse over event handling question:

below please find a response from ibm on the mouse over handling
issue.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kip Harris" <hkip@us.ibm.com>
To: <poehlman1@home.com>
Cc: "Guido Corona" <guidoc@us.ibm.com>; "Pete Brunet"
<brunet@us.ibm.com>
Sent: December 18, 2000 12:26 PM
Subject: mouse over event handling question:

David, I am a developer with IBM on the HPR 3.0 project.  I assume
your
question is how we handle mouse over's on elements.

Microsoft IE 5.5 is our underlying technology.  If a sighted user
moves the
mouse
over a page element with mouse over javascript, the script will
execute.
However, we do not provide any special features which provide an
analogous capability to users who do not us a mouse.

Rgds, Kip Harris.

Kip Harris
IBM Accessibility Center
Voice: 512-838-9902, IBM Tie  678-9902; Fax: 512-838-9813
Internet: hkip@us.ibm.com

---------------------- Forwarded by Kip Harris/Austin/IBM on
12/18/2000