Re: highlighting the focus

Yes, the window that has focus does need to be highlighted. As far as I know,
this feature is noramlly provided by Operating systems, but for example in
some X window managers the default is to highlight the focussed wnidow
without bringing it to the front. In others the default is that the front
window has focus.

Charles