Re: [last call, S1] Checkpoint 1.1 is unclear

Al Gilman wrote:

> What does checkpoint 1.1 actually require?
>
> It is not clear that this states a concrete and observable requirement.  "All
> user interface functionality but not input" sounds contradictory.

A couple of comments

1) "Observable". There are a number of checkpoints known to be difficult
to verify but that are nonetheless important to do. For these
checkpoints,
claimants will probably have to rely on claims from developers of
support for "all" functionalities through "all" supported APIs.

2) The checkpoint is clearly meant to address the "big"
functionalities offered by the user agent. For the very small
funtionalities of how you actually enter text or move the cursor,
the user agent is not required to simulate one input method with another
input method. That's the exception case called out in 1.1. I don't think
there's a contradiction there, only a narrowing of scope.

 - Ian