Re: Minority opinons

Al Gilman wrote:

> I apologize for the late hit, here.  I know this was discussed in the group
> and
> I did not participate.  On the other hand, Jon raised this as an example of
> guidelines language that should be aligned across the various guidelines, and
> that reminded me to check what you have actually done.
>
> The "equivalent vs. equivalency target" definitions in this volume are not the
> same definition of "equivalent" as in math, English or the WCAG and the math,
> English and WCAG sense is appropriate in this context, and the usage currently
> in the draft is not.

Agreed. Dan Connolly made a similar remark to me. And I think
Eric chose "equivalency target" for consistency with "text equivalent"
from WCAG.

So by using "equivalent" without symmetry, we've lost from the
start. The question now is: do we complete the trio with the
same terminology, or break and find something else?

 _ Ian