Re: Comments on Section 3.4 related to checkpoint grouping

Jon Gunderson wrote:

> Ian,
> It seems to me they were included in your original proposal because they
> had minimal requirements for output for text.  Since these checkpoints had
> minimal requirements it seems that highlighting them in the labeled groups
> makes sense.  It seems that we are missing minimal requirements for speech
> rendering for 8.2, 8.3, 4.15 and 4.16.

Here's my new reasoning: the selection (or focus) need not only be for
text. For instance, a selected image may have a border around it.
Similarly,
links may have text or non-text content. So for all four checkpoints,
the
content type doesn't matter.

I agree that we don't have minimal speech requirements for the four
checkpoints in question. However, as we resolved in a previous
teleconference,
I think that we should not refine our speech requirements any further
for
this document since there are other W3C WGs working on voice/speech
issues.

 _ Ian