Re: Weblets

hi Philippe.

At 4:05 PM 2/21/00, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>> PLH: I know there's a generic DOM module developed by IBM, called, I think
>> "Weblet". The goal is to build the Java DOM for the browser. It runs with IE,
>> and the developer is working on the Netscape version.
>>
>> Action PLH: Send URI to this work to the UA WG mailing list.
>
>From http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2000JanMar/0094.html
>
>The URI on the IBM site is :
>http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/weblets

Granted, I've not downloaded any of this nor tried the demos, but the
description
at the URL you provided reads to me of much more like a method to create user
interfaces on the fly using W3C standards, including DOM manipulation,
rather than a generic DOM.   Interesting stuff, however.

regards

mark