Re: PROPOSAL: User Agent Issue 190:

OK. So what do you suggest assuming we don't punt and go back to DOM 1?

I am also not happy with things like Mouse events in the state they are in
DOM 2 and would like to see them tossed. What other features of DOM 2
should we change.

I believe we need to:

- take as much of DOM 2 as is acceptable
- Exactly identify the elements that are not supported (and target these
for DOM 3) and indicate these to the UA group
- Work on cleaning up the appropriate DOM 2 event issues in DOM 3 (PF task)
- Determine what new features we need in DOM 3 (PF task as well)

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Lead Architect, IBM Special Needs Systems
EMail/web: schwer@us.ibm.com http://www.austin.ibm.com/sns/rich.htm

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.",
Frost

Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org> on 02/16/2000 01:26:21 PM