Re: Please review conformance proposal by tomorrow (Issue 136)

At 2000-01-19 14:30-0500, Ian Jacobs wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I published unified conformance schema [1] that's linke from the home
>page. In order to resolve issue 136 quickly tomorrow, please
>review the proposal. This page would be referenced by all the
>Guidelines as an explanation of how to claim conformance. In
>the UAGL we would:

1. Define "claim" as it is ?or is it a set of claims are? applied from a
particular guideline as meeting the applicable checkpoints for that level:
     A    (all priority 1 checkpoints),
     AA   (all priority 1 and priority 2),
     AAA  (all checkpoints, priority 1, priority 2, and priority 3)

All checkpoints at a priority level are applicable unless that functionality
is explicitly inappropriate for the hardware/software and the claimed level.

3. Details of a claim

It is not clear that only one claim applies to a particular UA.
If many claims are required, as I understood it above (1 claim per
applicable checkpoint), then much of the details of each claim
are shareable. Why must they be repeated?

>a) Link to that (generic) document for explanation
>b) Provide the (specific) details of how to claim conformance
>    to the UAGL
>
>Thank you,
>
>  - Ian
>
>[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/01/Conformance-20000117
>[2] http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#136
>--
>Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
>Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814
>Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783
Regards/Harvey Bingham