Re: Editorial: Checkpoint 11.4

Harvey Bingham wrote:

> Checkpoint 11.4 In a dedicated section ?of what:

This wording came from an ATAG meeting I attended an I proposed
different wording. I agree with you that it's slightly stilted and
propose instead:

   In a dedicated section of the documentation, describe
   all features of the user agent that promote accessibility.

> help, installation,
> alternative to paper form of manual?, document in a self-sufficient manner
> all features of the user agent that promote accessibility.

What does "self-sufficient manner" mean? That seems stronger than
"describe". In my ideal scenario (technique?):

  1) Features are documented and accessibility is part of that
     documentation

  2) A separate page is an index into those features that promote
     accessibility. This page would satisfy 11.4.

> ?Presumably 11.1, 11.2, 11.3 apply in context where the common use of a
> feature is described, and 11.4 to a collection of those features,
> adequately described to stand alone?

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814