Subject: Re: Java Access Bridge 1.0 released!
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:19:31 -0600
From: pjenkins@US.IBM.COM
To: JAVA-ACCESS@JAVA.SUN.COM

Peter wrote:
>The issue is that, in order for the browser to invoke the Java Plugin, the
>web page that contains the Java applet(s) must be recoded to invoke it.
This
>is unfortunate, but there is presently no way to get around that.

Why can't we pressure the IE and Netscape developers to allow the JVM
that
the browser's use to be user configurable?  In others words, when the
user
install the JVM, it replaces the one shipped by the browser mfg. if the
users so desires.  It was great that the JVM was shipped by the browser
in
the first place.  Now they seemed to have locked us in to older Java
technology.  Why wasn't it user replaceable in the first place?

If this is an initiative, what's the status?  Please separate the
political
[many] from the technical [if any] issues.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,