W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > January to March 2000

AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 6 January 2000

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 14:25:18 -0600
Message-Id: <4.1.20000105142350.00ce1cd0@staff.uiuc.edu>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
WAI UA Telecon for January 6th, 2000 

Chair: Jon Gunderson 
Date: Thursday, January 6th
Time: 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038


Review Open Action Items

   1.IJ: Draft a statement for time of publication, there is no
authoritative body that validates claims of conformance 

   2.IJ: Repropose the delivery mechanism of conformance statement to allow
documentation as an option 

   3.IJ: Propose a technique for using XSL to transform content 

   4.IJ: Follow up on EH's e-mail with some comments from this meeting
related to issue LC#138 (will post as new issues if any) 

   5.IJ: Publish a new draft of requirements document that incorporates
JG'sand other comments. 

   6.IJ: Send this resolution of issue LC#158 to the list for comment. 

   7.JG: Review techniques for Guideline 8.3, 8.4, 8.6 to 8.9 

   8.JG: Draft a preliminary implementation report for CR consideration 

   9.DA: Identify the general items that apply to all software from ones in
the current list in Ian's requirements proposal. 

  10.DB: Ask IE Team about publication of review of IE 5 and Pri 1

  11.DB: Find out how developers find out which appropriate triggers to use
in Windows for using built-in accessibility features
     (i.e. sound sentry, show sounds, ...) 

  12.DP: Propose new Checkpoint 1.5 for access to system messages 

  13.GR: Send to the list techniques for how to use and control focus to
not have new windows cause problems for usability. In
     particular, how this will work with ATs. 

  14.GR: Write a technique on how to create accessible installation
     Satus: May already be integrated. 

  15.MR: Review techniques for topic 3.1 (Multi-media) 

  16.MR: Review techniques for Guideline 4 (Multi-media) 

  17.MR: Run a multimedia player through the guidelines for January. 

  18.MQ: Ask Mark about meaning of comment raised in Issue #167 

  19.RS: Send editorial comments on Ian's proposal. 

  20.WC: Take form submission to GL WG to discuss issues related to
inadvertent submission. 

  21.EVERYONE: Review the "Unknown" category of Ian's proposal and we'll
discuss them at tomorrow's meeting. 


1.Extra UA telecon scheduled 12 January 2000 at 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm Eastern
Standard Time, USA 

2.Protocols and Formatting are holding a FTF meeting on 26-27 January 2000
at Sun's Microsystem in Cupertino - Silicon Valley 


   1.Ian's proposal for a rational document related to user agent
accessibility responsibilities 

   2.LC#162: Raise priority of 8.9 (consistency in configs) to P2. 

   3.LC#166: Review priority of 10.5 (default configs that interfere with
OS conventions) 

   4.LC#175: Proposed raise (to P1) of checkpoint 4.18 

   5.LC#176: Proposed change in priority (P3 to P2) for checkpoint 8.7
(link information) 

   6.WD#179: Priority of 5.8 should be 1

   7.WD#180: 10.8 should be priority 2 

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Wednesday, 5 January 2000 15:27:27 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 14:49:25 UTC