Re: T.V. Raman review of last call UAGL.

"T. V. Raman" wrote:

>     >> Also, the following
>     >> statement --which appears numerous times-- makes no sense to me:
> >
> >       o Links to definitions are highlighted through the use of style sheets.
[snip]
> I understand all that --however I still maintain that
> reading "we highlight x by using stylesheets"
> is distracting and confusing in the prose.

I will remove the sentences and add some aural style sheets
to emphasize the semantics.

>     >> 5.6
>     >>
> >       User agents should export these interfaces using available operating system conventions. Note.
> >       The DOM Level 1 specification states that "DOM applications may provide additional interfaces
> >       and objects not found in this specification and still be considered DOM compliant."
> >
> > Why should the operating system be involved in the DOM?
>
>     Ian> Because the DOM doesn't specify how the interfaces
>     Ian> it specifies are actually exported for use. For
>     Ian> example, on a Windows platform, COM or CORBA may be
>     Ian> the conventional ways of getting at the DOM
>     Ian> interfaces.
>
> I dont know. Still smells of entangling things into the OS
> that dont belong there.

Issue 114 [1] on our issues list is about APIs, so I think we'll
be discussing requirements more at the face-to-face.

Thank you,

 - Ian

[1] http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#114
Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814