RE: comments on guidelines

aloha, again, len!

i have suggested in the past that one thing that the UA WG may want to consider
doing once the UAGL solidifies and the impact matrix is updated to reflect the
final Proposed Rec draft that is submitted to tim after the member review
period, is to use the impact matrix to spawn a series of notes that would
address such things as:

if you are designing a user agent that will render HTML and XHTML, and CSS, for
users with no usable vision and who function in an exclusively aural
environment, implement the following checkpoints

if you are designing a user agent that will render HTML, CSS, XML, MathML, XSL,
and SMIL targeted at low vision users who want slash need supplemental speech
output, implement the following checkpoints

etc.

which seems to me a much saner means of addressing the question of conformance
for targetted user agents...
gregory