Re: Issues: Part 2 - #16 through #43

The difference between captioning and "closed caption," in general, is that
a caption describes the thing above (or more generally explains it's
relevance to the topic under discussion), while "closed caption" is
generally thought of as the text that is displayed in synchronization with
the visual portion of an audio-visual display.  The difference between the
two, I think, is that the "closed caption" text is thought of as being time
synced with other actions.  This is the difference between a closed caption
and a transcript.

I would think that our language should preserve that distinction.

Denis Anson