Re: Response to Lakespur Roca

aloha, jon!

i'd be interested in working with Netscape to improve keyboard support for
Navigator on the MS-Windows platform, as that is the platform upon which i find
myself (and the constituents whom i represent as an invited expert to the WAI)
working most often...

first, however, i have a few questions:

1) were lakespur's comments posted to the UA list?  i couldn't find any posts
with her listed as Sender...

2) does she want comments out of the blue (a wish list) or does she want to
know how NS's current (rudimentary) keyboard support could be strengthened?

3) what's wrong with using the UAAG as a blueprint for extending NS's
rudimentary keyboard support?  several developers used the ATAG as a blueprint,
even as that document evolved...

4) what real good will engendering NS's keyboard support do if the help system
that is distributed along with Navigator remains as inaccessible as when i
reviewed it as part of my conformance eval [1]?  if one builds an accessible
kiosk in the forest, but doesn't post any talking signs so that the blind user
can locate and use it, can it really be considered accessible?  while i'm not
sure, myself, about the answer to that question, i am sure that it doesn't make
any noise!

Gregory.