W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > July to September 1999

AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 22 September 1999

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 15:36:36 -0700
Message-Id: <4.1.19990917153528.00c863e0@staff.uiuc.edu>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
WAI UA Telecon for September 22nd, 1999 

Chair: Jon Gunderson 
Date: Wednesday, September 22nd
Time: 12:00 noon to 1:30 pm Eastern Standard Time 
Call-in: W3C Tobin Bridge (+1) 617-252-7000


Review Open Action Items

Continued Action Items 

   1.JG: Run pwWebSpeak (with Mark H.) through the guidelines. 

   2.JG: Ask Denis Anson to review the document 

   3.JG: Propose techniques for rendering of frames 

   4.JG: Ask Al Gilman to come to the next meeting to talk about spawned

   5.IJ: Find out about MS review of document before F2F and their
participation in the meeting. 

   6.IJ: Run NN (and Mozilla) through guidelines. not done 

   7.IJ: In document, highlight existence of "native" and "applies to". 

   8.IJ: Make the dependency on micropayments more visible. 

   9.IJ: Include GR's link checkpoint as P3 (configurability). Change
priority of 9.6 to P2. Get techniques out of [1]. 

  10.IJ: Propose checkpoint wording for access to form control information 

  11.IJ: Rewording of checkpoint 4.12: Allow the user to turn on and off
rendering of frames 

  12.CL: Submit a technique related to text rendering of client-side image

  13.HB: Submit a technique related to using for ABBR and ACRONYM elements
for rendering 

  14.DP: Technique 3.6 - Propose techniques 

  15.DP: Run Jaws for Windows through the guidelines. 

  16.GG: Review proposal for techniques for accessing content. 

  17.CMN: Propose something about schemas 

  18.Working Group: Review IJ proposal for changes in cnformance for
discussion next week 


   1.Issue #89: Discussion of Ian Jacobs conformance proposal

   2.Issue #90: UA and AU dependency list (KB and JA proposals)

     Kitch: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/1999JulSep/0362.html
     Jim: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/1999JulSep/0361.html 

   3.Issue #78: Review requirements for window spawning 

   4.Issue #80: Make audio output available as text 

   5.Issue #81: Allow the user to turn on and off rendering of audio

   6.#82: How to rendering text links for images in links that have no alt? 

   7.Issue #83: Split Checkpoint on voice characteristics? 

   8.Issue #84: Checkpoint on natural language applies to all UAs 

   9.Issue #85: Priority of checkpoint on language support 

  10.Issue #86: Should Guideline about support for W3C technologies be
broadened or narrowed? 

  11.Issue #87: Proposed wording change about user-control of highlight

  12.Issue #88: Proposed wording change for checkpoint on access to
selected content.

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820

Voice: 217-244-5870
Fax: 217-333-0248
E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu
WWW:	http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
Received on Friday, 17 September 1999 16:31:54 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 20:38:23 UTC