Re: Proposed deletion of checkpoint on spawning windows

No.  This leaves the user with too much garbage-collection liability.
Telling is not enough; the system must recognize that it opens new
processes under the user's permission and it is at the user's discretion
how closely they wish to hold that permission-granting.

Living with a littered desktop is easy in a GUI world.  I do it in hardcopy
all the time.  It is not a condition that an eyes-free user can operate in;
her environment has to be neater and more tightly controlled.  The maximum
degree of user control needs to be the base level and shortcuts added over
that; not the other way around.

Al