Re: checkpoint 9.1

Jim,
This is an orientation checkpoint for orienting the user to the
organization of a document or a set of documents if frames are being used.
The user needs to know which document in a set of frames currently has the
focus, which control or link in the document has the focus and if there is
any seleted elements in the document.

We need to have better links to the definitions for each checkpoints.  It
will certainly help to improve the techniques document, so that examples
are available for implementation of the checkpoint.  We are moving our
attention to the techniqes document.
Jon

At 09:07 PM 8/17/99 -0500, thatch@us.ibm.com wrote:

>Resent with subject!!
>
>I'm now looking at 9.1 which is:
>
>Provide a mechanism for highlighting and identifying (through a standard
>interface where available) the current view, selection, and focus.
>
> I don't know what this means either. The techniques link is broken.
Searching
>for 9.1 in the guideline I found:
>
>3.6.6 Frames
>Checkpoints in this section: 9.1.
>
>And 9.1 doesn't seem to talk about frames.
>
>What does it mean to highlight and identify the current view, selection or
>focus?
>
>Jim Thatcher
>IBM Special Needs Systems
>www.ibm.com/sns