Re: Comments on guidelines

jon gunderson wrote:

> Is there a way we could add a general section on tagging the
> purpose of certain elements.  For example the following types of elements
> could indicate their purpose:
>
> Anchors: navigation link
> Table: layout or table
> Event: decorative, used for visual affects
>        verify, checks the user input, but no visual affects
>        functional, is used to change content of the document

Hello,

At the beginning of the Techniques for Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines, there is a section that
discusses the different between structural and presentation
elements/attributes in HTML. Is this along the lines of
what you mean? Also in the Techniques document, there is
an appendix of HTML elements and topics they related to.
Are you looking for something like these?

Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814
http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs